Promoting Dignity In The Workplace
Lisa R. Sahli
Since 2001, Ms. Sahli’s practice has concentrated exclusively on representing employees harmed by discrimination, wage theft or wrongfully discharged by their employers. In 2013, after observing common employer mistakes for more than a decade, Ms. Sahli expanded her practice to include employer consulting in the small to medium-sized business sector.
Ms. Sahli graduated cum laude and received her juris doctor degree from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1993. Ms. Sahli received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, San Diego in 1987, where her academic excellence was recognized with honors and induction into the Caledonian Society. Ms. Sahli is admitted to practice law in Colorado, California, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. She is a member of the National Employment Lawyer’s Association and served on the Board of the Colorado Plaintiff Employment Lawyer’s Association. Ms. Sahli is also a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Jefferson County Bar Association, the ACLU and other professional organizations. In 2008, Ms. Sahli served on a task force for the City of Englewood which amended a city ordinance. Ms. Sahli was principal author on "Navigating Governmental Immunity Obstacles in Employment Discrimination Suits Against State Employers," which was published in the June/July 2008 edition of Trial Talk, and Gross v. FBL Has Not Created a 'Plus Age' Exception for Employers," published in the June/July 2018 edition of Trial Talk, and regularly shares her knowledge of employment law with colleagues and peers. Ms. Sahli served on the Board of the Colorado Trailblazers, and supports local organizations like the Denver Rescue Mission.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1993
- University of California at San Diego
- B.A. - 1990
Classes & Seminars
- 1st Amendment Bars to Employment Claims, PELA, 2012
- Criminal Justice, Front Range Comm. College, 2001 to 2002
- National Employment Lawyer’s Association, 2006 to Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1993 to Present
- State Bar of California, 2015 to Present
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association, Member, 2015 to 2017
- Colorado PELA, Officer & Board Member , 2008 to 2014
- Colorado PELA, Member, 2002 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner
- Employment Law 100%
- Colorado, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2001
- California, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Frappied v. Affinity Gaming Black Hawk, LLC, 966 F.3d 1038, 2020, 10th Cir.
- Indep. Instit. v. Buescher, 718 F.Supp.2d 1257, 2010, D. Colo
- Alfaro v. Indus. Claim Appeals Office, 78 P.3d 1147, 2003, Colo. App.
- Killmer, Lane & Newman, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2009 to 2012
- Ewing & Ewing, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2001 to 2009
- Navigating Govt. Immunity Obstacles in Employment Discrim. Suits, CTLA Trial Talk, V. 57, Issue 4, 2008
- Gross v. FBL Has Not Created a "Plus Age" Exception for Employers," CTLA Trial Talk, June/July, 2018